Friday, June 19, 2009

Wyatt Patrick Houston

So our world on Wednesday......wow, what a day!!!
Mommy, Daddy and Porter before leaving for the hospital



And now the exciting part: so we got to the hospital around 11:45 and got all checked in. By about 12:30pm, I was hooked up to monitors, being pumped full of Pitocin and had received my epidural (why wait...LOL) They let the Pitocin run it's course for awhile and then broke the bag of water at 2:20pm, when I was 4cm. I have to say what an enjoyable labor it was because I wasn't feeling anything!! Then around 5pm, I started feeling a lot of pressure all of a sudden.....the nurse came in and checked me and said I was fully dialated and it was time to start pushing.....but not to because the head was right there and the dr. was just finishing up with a procedure. They got set up, the dr. arrived and with a couple of pushes, Wyatt Patrick Houston came into the world at 5:29pm. He was 7lbs 15oz and 20.5 inches.

Welcome Wyatt!!



lots of dark hair.....


Daddy and his new baby boy




He was a little bruised around the nose and mouth, apparently that's what happens when they come out fast and furious....


Sweet baby boy




Cute baby butt


All cleaned up and cozy


new family photo


Porter not sure what to think of Wyatt.....


Mommy and her 2 beautiful boys

Wyatt and my mom


Under the warmer after getting his 1st bath


I feel so blessed to have 2 healthy boys. Thursday morning the pediatrician came by and released Wyatt to come home so I just had to wait on my dr. to give the ok, which he did so we were able to come home last night.

Wyatt all loaded ready to come home



Kicking it on his 1st night at home, it's such a rough life....


He just seems SO small compared to what Porter was......and I forgot about all the little squeaks and such, it's so cute. Wyatt is such a good baby and he loves to sleep (so far) We went to bed at 9pm, he was up at midnight and ate and stayed up until around 2, but then didn't wake up again until 5:30am so our 1st night at home was a great one!!!!

Thank you to my mom for being there to share in our joy, thank you to Sheri for taking such great care of Porter while we were in the hospital, and to everyone for the phone calls and prayers for a quick delivery.....it worked!! We love you all and I will post more pics later.


8 comments:

Neal, Melissa, Ella, Aubrey and Ainsley said...

Welcome baby Wyatt!!! He is adorable and I love the name :) Glad to hear everything went so quickly. I have to say I am jealous that you were still wearing your wedding ring at delivery. Hope the adjustment continues to go well. Congratulations on your beautiful family!

SHANE, JENN and CARTER said...

Ohh he is so perfect !! I think maybe me and mom should try and plan a trip over when you get all settled in !!!
So glad everything went well !!
THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR LITTLE BUNDLE OF JOY WITH US!!!!
WE LOVE YOU!

Katie Griffin said...

Oh my goodness, he is so cute! So little compared to Porter! I can't wiat for mine!! haha. He is beautiful. I think he looks alot like you! I am so happy everything went nice and fast for you! He seems so different from Porter! Congrats! I am so happy for you! And I am glad he was only up twice! I miss you guys and will see you in July!!! I can't wait!

Clint, Tanya, Dane and Kimber said...

Oh my gosh, we are so excited for you guys! What a beautiful little man and I LOVE the name! He is incredible and what an amazing birth story! If Clint and I ever do it again you will have to give me tips on how to make it look so easy!!! You are an amazing mom and those boys are so lucky to have you!!! Congrats on your beautiful family and thanks for sharing pictures so quickly!!! We were jonesing for our baby fix!!!

Brandi said...

Wyatt is absolutely PRECIOUS! Congratulations, Shannon. You have such a beautiful family. :)

Flo said...

What a precious baby boy. I LOVE his name too. I am so happy for you that your labor and delivery went so well and now you are blessed with two beautiful boys. It will be so much fun watching Wyatt and seeing if he will look like Porter or totally different. Love the hair since most of mine are born with none LOL....
Take care of yourself and enjoy those babies......Keep the pictures coming....

Rhonda said...

Shannie - he is so beautiful! Jason and the boys and I are so happy for you, Sam and Porter. You are so blessed!!! Thank you for sharing everything with us - it means so much when we're far apart. I love you and I'll see in you a month or so for my visit with those boys :)

jsake1 said...

Congrats! You now have 2 beautiful boys!