Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Getting all settled in

It has been so nice to be home with our new addition and getting used to daily life. I have to say it hasn't been tough at all (except the nights) Sheri stayed until Sunday morning and boy was that nice!! She pretty much cooked all the meals, cleaned up and then some, thank you so much for all your help!!!

Then my mom came back over on Monday morning and stayed until yesterday afternoon, thank you also!! She came with me to Wyatt's weenie wack appt and made a run to Costco, I have to say I don't know what I would have done without her.

Wyatt is adjusting very well to life on the outside, at his appt on Monday they said he is doing just great. He was down to 7lbs 5oz but they said that's normal. He was having some trouble the 1st few days with spitting up but they also said that's normal. The last 2 days I think he has caught up, he is a little chowhound now. He seems to sleep for hours on end during the day and then decide to be up every 90 minutes at night - other than that, he is such a good baby. Porter is also adjusting very well also, I think he's going to be such a good big brother. He has started giving kisses to his baby brother and it's so sweet, it makes me cry......of course, the last few days everything has made me cry....I think the hormones are working their way out....hopefully....LOL. Now for some pics of course.....

One of the very few times he has his eyes open
Wyatt taking a much needed nap Wyatt kicking it
Big yawn



Porter and his big blue eyes


Porter and Meme


Lee and Sheri are going to come over with pizza tonight since Grandpa has been at the coast fishing and hasn't met his new grandson yet.....and I think Nana is going through Porter withdrawals.....LOL.
We are hanging out at home today, supposed to be 85 degrees so I think we will get Porter's new sprinkler out of the box and try it out.
Thank you to everyone for all the wonderful goodies we've received and the well wishes, we are so very blessed to have a healthy baby boy home with us.

6 comments:

Neal, Melissa, Ella, Aubrey and Ainsley said...

So glad to hear that everyone is settling into life as a family of 4! Porter is so easy-going its not surprising that he is loving being a big brother :) Looks like Wyatt's bruises from his fast entrance have left already--Aubrey's are still fading! Hopefully Wyatt will start sleeping longer periods at night for you soon. Take care!

Katie Griffin said...

I am so happy for you! He is so cute! I can't wait to meet him in July! I am glad porter is adjusting so well! Thats so great!
Ultrasound tomorrow for me! I talk to you later!

Rhonda said...

Shannie he is so adorable! Thanks so much for sharing. Sounds like you are all doing well. See you soon!

SHANE, JENN and CARTER said...

I was wondering where those pictures of the new baby were!! Not like you had your hands full or anything! LOL! Glad things are going good.... Can't wait to meet him! Maybe we can come see him soon !

Flo said...

He is adorable and I hope I get to take some pictures of him and Porter soon. sounds like you guys are all adjusting to family life with four... Hope things just keep getting better and better. It is nice you have a great family that helps out.

jsake1 said...

Congrats! Both your boys are very cute. I am glad the big brother is doing well too. Thanks for your updates.