The weekend came and went pretty quickly. Sam was busy working on getting his stuff all together for his fishing/crabbing trip with his friend Mike this weekend. He got all the crab traps ready to go and stocked up on fishing supplies with numerous trips to Bi-Mart, Joe's and Sportman's Warehouse. I think he is all ready to go, now let's just hope that he actually catches something! Still no picture of the big 38 pounder yet, I'm beginning to wonder....LOL.
I have also been busy getting ready - Porter and I are heading out on Friday to Arizona for a week. I'm so very excited to go see my dear friend Rhonda and her family. It's been in the 90's down there so I think we are in for some warm weather and sun! She has a trip to the zoo planned so that should be lots of fun.
I also was busy over the weekend picking some more apples from the apple tree in our backyard. And then Sheri came over yesterday and we made some applesauce. Boy, talk about a looong day, man was it a lot of work! I started washing and cutting apples at around 9:30 and Sheri got here about 11am, we didn't finish until around 5pm. We went through 3 of the 5 gallon buckets of apples and ended up with 6 quarts and 7 pints of applesauce. It was fun but it was a lot of work. I have 1 more 5 gallon bucket of apples to make some apple pie filling, I'm not sure I'm ready to tackle that this week. I may wait until I get back from Arizona.
Here's Sheri cutting up the apples.....

The finished product

Not much else going on this week. Here is Porter all bundled up so he could help me wash the car, it's been a little chilly here in the mornings....


Some more pictures from this morning...I was trying to get him to show me his other tooth...yes, he finally got his 2nd one, yahoo!
He looks so sleepy.....
He's been a little fussy the last few days so I wondered if he was getting another tooth. He's been doing really good with chewing chunky foods. He's going through about 4-5 jars of baby food a day so I've been making his food the last couple of days. The last batch I took a cooked chicken breast with some leftover rice and veggies and put it in the magic bullet and chopped it up. Just off the 1 breast, a can of veggies and some rice I got about 6 containers of food. I have been buying just cans of fruit in their own juice and blending them up as well. I try to leave them a little chunky so he has to chew. Our pediatrician said the goal is by 10 months to have them off of pureed foods and eating people food. I think we are definitely headed that way.
That's about it for now. I probably won't post again before I leave, I hope to post something while I'm in Arizona. Everyone take care!
4 comments:
Have an awesome time in Arizona! We look forward to seeing pictures and hearing how your visit was! Enjoy the warm weather and sunshine. What a treat!
The applesauce looks great! I wanted to make some, but after hearing how long of a process it was...maybe I'll reconsider ;) Enjoy your trip to Arizona!
Have a SWFE TRIP !
I love Porter in that hat ! TOO CUTE !
I meant SAFE TRIP !! LOL !
Post a Comment