Hello! We made it back from Seaside yesterday after a long car ride. The weather was rainy the whole time but did stop long enough on Saturday for us to take a stroll on the beach. We had a great time just hanging out, it was nice to get away for the weekend. I think the dreary weather had an effect on Porter too, Friday night he went to bed at 7:30 and didn't wake up to feed until 3am! then went back to sleep until 6:30am, woke up and ate and then slept until 9:30. Then on Saturday, went to bed at 8:45pm and didn't wake up until 3am again and then slept until 6:30am. I think since the tooth finally came in we may be back to sleeping good again. (Last night he was only up once at 2am to eat) I have to say that I have missed the long stretches of sleep terribly but such is life with a baby. :-)
Unfortunately Drake couldn't go with us but he had a great time with Nana, Grandpa and Riley (he spends most of his time there humping Riley, LOL) Thanks Lee and Sheri for taking care of him.
Of course we have pictures....LOL. Here is a view from our balcony

Porter kicking back in the chair
Porter and daddy on the balcony
Porter's ready for our walk on the beach
Porter, Sam and I on the beach....I used the timer on my camera while Sam held it, we set it for 10 seconds which was a little long but we were surprised to see that Porter was looking....
Porter and daddy
Porter and daddy cruising on the beach..
And we finally got Porter's new car seat, thank goodness. He was a little big for his other one and now he looks so little in this one.....but I'm sure it will be much more cozy..... it faces backward and then forwards and supposed to fit him until 65lbs and 49in.
We are supposed to have some cold weather moving in this week, down to the 20's by Wednesday.....BRRRR! Sam built a fire last night, it was so warm and cozy! Nothing like snuggling up to the nice warm fire and feeling the warmth on your back. Sam was driving out thru Redmond this morning and said all the mountains are white! Seems a little early but it's October already which I can't believe.
That's about it for now. Everyone have a great week!
4 comments:
Ahh, I love the beach so much! The water is so fun to watch. It sounds like you guys had a great time despite the normal Oregon weather. I love the picture of Porter in his new car seat - he looks like such a big boy!!
Looks like you guys enjoyed your trip to the beach! Porter looks so big sitting up in the chair at the hotel. I bet your back is happy to not be hauling Porter around in the infant carrier any more :)
Wow it looks like the water was really choppy at the beach but it looks like you had a good time anyway. Porter is getting so big he looks like a big boy sitting up on the couch.
I'm so glad you guys had a good time. I bet it was nice to get away and relax! His new seat looks really comfy!
Post a Comment