Saturday, May 3, 2008

6 Weeks old!

I can't believe Porter is already 6 weeks old! He had his dr. appt yesterday and I think we have a football player on our hands. He weighed 13lbs, 4.5oz and is 23 and a quarter inches long!! We figured him to be 11 or 12lbs but he was more.

They said he is doing really well and checked out well, but I have to say the shots were no fun! Poor thing just wailed when they stuck him, I wanted to cry too and of course, I wanted to punch the nurse. He survived, was a little fussy last night, he would be dead asleep and wake up just crying. He is doing better today thank goodness.

We went to Prineville Reservoir and stayed with Sam's parents last night at their cabin. While Porter and I visited with "Nana" (Sheri) Sam went fishing with his dad and their neighbor John and they each caught 5 trout. They were nice size too.

A few pictures to post and that's about it. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

5 comments:

Clint, Tanya, Dane and Kimber said...

I'm so glad that Porter is growing so well, what a stud! But, getting his shots... that's no fun, poor baby. Next week we are going in for them as well and I'm really not looking forward to it...

Neal, Melissa, Ella, Aubrey and Ainsley said...

I love his little smirk! Ella gave both pictures of Porter a kiss from her rubber duck ;) "More Porter" she says!!

Flo said...

WOW!!! He is getting so big and he may be a football player someday... I always hate the shots but thank goodness they forget about it soon. Glad to hear he didn't have any reactions to them. It is always nice when they just get a little fussy and not run fevers and stuff.

penny said...

we think hes the most adorable baby boy ever! we cant wait to see you guys . we love you handsome little fella . love ya meme, auntie p and zoey

Rhonda said...

That boy is so cute! I love that little smile he's workin' on! We love and miss you. Keep those pictures comin'!
Love, Rhonda and THE BOYS