Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just another week.....

Sometimes I wonder how the week can go by so fast without noticing....I think it must be just part of getting old! LOL. I've had a pretty rough week of nights with Porter..... it started out with a stuffy/runny nose and him waking up just crying so we slept in the spare bedroom last weekend and he would just wake up and cry.....it makes me so sad when I don't know what to do for him......and the past week he would be sleeping and just wake up screaming and be standing up in his crib. And his nose hasn't gotten any better and starting yesterday, it just looked like he didn't feel good so I took him to the dr. today. They said he has a little cold and took a look in his mouth.....well, he has 2 of his molars coming in plus 2 more teeth! And as far as the waking up screaming, the dr. said around a year old they start dreaming so it could be he is just having some bad dreams. He recommended a night light (which Porter has) and some white noise like a fan or CD. I will have to see what we can do cuz last night it scared the crap out of me to wake up out of a dead sleep to him screaming. Poor little guy, I just hope we get through it soon!

I want to say thank you to Sheri for coming and staying with Porter on Tuesday. She got in her "nana time" while I had to have some lab work done. It was glucose testing time so you have to drink this awful liquid and then sit for an hour before they draw your blood. Fun times!


Had my dr. appt today and everything is right on track. The baby's heartbeat is great and now we are on to twice a month appts.


Our weekend plans are on Saturday: Sam doing some male bonding with Porter and Grandpa while Sheri and I head down to the library spring book sale and maybe a little shopping (shhh, don't tell!) And then on Sunday we have a bar-b-q to attend for our neighbor who is turning 50. It's supposed to be almost 60 and sunny so it should be great.


Here's my attempt at taking a picture while trying to keep Porter still.....he was pretty good for a minute....



I'll post a video next, I can't seem to get any of the videos of Porter walking to play so you all will have to let me know if it works or not. He's just walking all over, he barely crawls anymore. I think next it will be running......please everyone pray for me! LOL

Take care, have a great weekend!

3 comments:

SHANE, JENN and CARTER said...

Hi there.. hope the little man gets to feeling better! We want to see some belly pictures!!! Get on it girl! You should have mom take some pictures of you and the family with your belly !!!

Flo said...

That is such a cute video. He just took off all of a sudden huh? That is a good picture of you and Porter too. You really are going to have your hands full but I can tell you are going to be able to handle it just fine. I am sure you will have lots of help with them.

Neal, Melissa, Ella, Aubrey and Ainsley said...

Ella thanks you for another "Porter Movie Show" :) Hopefully he has started feeling better so that mom can get some sleep. I can definitely sympathize...last week Ella was sick too and up way too many times a night. Have a great Easter!