Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Brrrr!!

This spring weather is just crazy..... last Monday and Tuesday it was in the 80's and this morning we woke up to snow on the ground.
We had a great trip to Roseburg over the weekend. Unfortunately I forgot my camera so I have no pictures to post. My mom, Lee, my sister and Sam started the "demo/remodel" on the house...got the carpet ripped up, the kitchen cabinets taken out and lots of other misc. stuff done. They are going to knock out a couple of walls and do a lot of work before she moves in. I was on kid duty so Zoey, Porter and I walked to the school that's like 100 yards from her house. Porter came home with a little red car from Zoey that she has outgrown..... and he just loves it. He hasn't quite figured out how to get in and out but once I put him in, he just plays and plays.....and then when he's out, he pushed it around.....

Once we got home on Sunday, Sam got the back deck ripped out. That is our new project...right now it's concrete, then pavers, then wood deck, like 3 different levels....it's just a mess. We are going to even it all out and pour a big concrete slab so it's more cohesive. We have a few other ideas to incorporate in too, a fire pit, a built in bar-b-q station but we'll see how far we get this summer.

Not much else going on. I have a dr. appt tomorrow, Sheri is going to come along with us to storytime and then the dr. Porter hasn't liked the last few dr. visits, he DOES NOT like it when they take my blood pressure and when they listen to the heartbeat....I guess he thinks they are hurting me or something. Hopefully he will get better.

That's all for now. Everyone take care!

3 comments:

Flo said...

The weather is just crazy. I am so ready for sunshine and warm weather. Not hot just warm... Are we ever happy?????
Looks like Porter is having fun with his car. Sounds like you guys are doing some major work around your house. It will be great when it gets all done and you can relax on the deck and just enjoy it.

Clint, Tanya, Dane and Kimber said...

Porter looks so cute playing in the car. Glad your trip went well!

meghan said...

I want to come for a BBQ in your new back yard sometime! Your plans sound awesome! Porter is very cute in his car. Is he getting excited for the baby? I can't believe June is just around the corner!