Well we have finally been hit with some warm weather! On Saturday, it was near 80 and on Sunday it was close to 90! Supposed to stay really warm again today and then cool down to the high 70's the rest of the week. We will take it! I'm sure we will be spending lots of time outside this week in the backyard and the park.
Let's see, recap of last week: on Wed. night, I played Bunco with the moms group, always SO much fun! Thurs. had my dr. appt, everything looks and sounds A-ok....another appt in 2 weeks and then we are on to every week.
On Friday, Porter and I headed over to see Nana and Grandpa and had a great time. Grandpa took Porter for a ride on his tractor but he wasn't sure if he liked it or not. I think he just liked to be on his Grandpa's lap. We had lunch with them and then headed home. Thank you Lee and Sheri for having us. Their neighbor was also getting rid of some of their strawberry plants so I brought home a bunch and planted them. I'm so excited for strawberries, yum! Friday night we had pizza and watched a movie, Marley and Me....I'd already seen it at the theater....but once again bawled like a baby....anyone who has a dog can relate I'm sure....
Porter with Grandpa on the tractor...
Porter sitting at the bar eating lunch.....
Saturday Sam had a work function so Porter and I went shopping for a little bit. Got him some summer clothes and a new pair of shoes. I bought him a pair of sandals that he will not wear....I put them on his feet and he won't walk, he just stands there and cries. I'm not sure what's up with that (but it's pretty funny!)
On Sunday, Sam got the back porch all prepped to pour concrete this Friday. It seems so simple to put together all the forms and such but it was a lot of work....especially when it's 90 degrees outside and I'm pretty much useless at this point. Good job honey!

We got all our veggies planted in the garden too. At first they were not doing so well since the dirt/compost was SO dry, by the end of the day everything was all droopy. But this morning they are looking good. We thought we were going to have tons of room for everything, but after planting the corn and tomatoes, it didn't leave much room. We ended up giving some stuff to our neighbors who were also planting. I had to plant the cucumbers and basil in separate pots since we ran out of room. I'm so excited to see how we do and if it produces anything.
Corn and tomatoes......

Onions, jalapenos, lettuce and carrots

That's about it, our week/weekend in a nutshell. Everyone have a great week!!
2 comments:
I love your green house boxes!! What a fun idea and a great way to keep the animals out!! Silly Porter and his shoes!! Keep trying, he might warm up to them! :
0
Wow, sounds like you are busy and having a great time! You have 6 weeks left, is that correct? Wow, hang in there! Porter is such a little handsome man!
Post a Comment