Saturday, August 23, 2008

Porter's dr appt

We just got back from Porter's dr. appt and he's doing really good! He weighs 17lbs 11oz and he is 28 inches long! We thought he would weigh more.... and didn't think he was that tall. He has grown 6 1/2 inches since he was born, crazy! No wonder he's in 9 months clothes. All in all, they said he's very healthy and should be getting his 2 bottom teeth anytime now. The shots were no fun but the nurse was so quick he didn't even know what hit him.
Porter has been having some issues lately with anybody holding him except Sam and I....so I asked the dr. if that is normal and she said yes. She said some babies between 4-6 months develop stranger anxiety but eventually he will grow out of it.....good news Sheri! Porter didn't want anything to do with his Nana last weekend, I thought that maybe Porter was just "pushing her buttons" like his dad does....LOL.
That's about it for now. I'll probably post more later in the week.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

He is huge! By the time you get here he'll be as big as Zane for heaven's sake. Quit feeding him so much - you're kids aren't allowed to be bigger than mine until they're at least out of diapers! ha ha. Miss you!

meghan said...

Go Porter!! I really can't believe how tall he is. That is awesome! Ahh, for the first few teeth. That is always fun when it come to feeding. Savanah chomped down on me once, and that was then end of that. She learened very quickly that her mother DID NOT like that all all. : ) Porter, you be nice to your mommy!!