Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy 2010

Well, so much for keeping my resolution to update the blog more often....lol. Oh well, that's what resolutions are for, to be broken. Let's see, it's hard to remember what has gone on since it's been so long but here goes:
My surgery went well and I'm feeling pretty good these days. Still trying not to do too much but I will say it's nice to have an excuse to use to get my husband to help around the house....lol. He has been wonderful through it all so thank you to my hubby. And another thank you to my mom, Sheri and my friend Frances for all their help the last couple of weeks.

We had a wonderful Christmas. Lee and Sheri were nice enough to come to our house again this year and celebrate with us. The boys enjoyed having Nannie and Grandpa here.

Porter is doing great. He's talking up a storm and starting to put 2 and 3 words together. We also started putting him in a big boy bed after my surgery and he's doing really well with it. He's so funny, he won't get out until you go into the room and tell him it's ok. I'm sure one of these days we will be woken up in the middle of the night with him roaming around but we'll hope not.

Wyatt is changing so much these days. He's starting to sit up for long periods of time by himself and reaching for everything!! which then of course goes right into his mouth. He's sleeping thru the night which is awesome!!

Sam has been staying busy at work which is good. He made some sausage over the weekend which then was smoked and it turned out good! I'll post some pictures later.

Porter giving me his little smirk....


Wyatt with a big smile
Porter and Wyatt

The Houston's at Christmas
Porter looking at the neighbors lights with nannie - his favorite thing to do for weeks at Christmas time

Porter and his big dump truck from Nannie and Grandpa

The boys with Nannie and Grandpa

Wyatt in the cute santa hat (he's still little enough he can't get it off....lol)

Mommy and Wyatt looking at his new book

Porter had some trouble with the the wrapping paper so he resorted to opening with his teeth
That's about all for now. Happy New Year to everyone, we wish you and your family a fabulous 2010!


1 comment:

Flo said...

I think we had the same resolution but life happens right???? I broke mine too. I haven't blogged since Dec.24th. LOL.... Just sooo busy with Jenn and the babies... I love that part but wish there were more hrs. in the day.... Glad to hear your surgery went well and that you are on the mend... I just thought you were so busy with the boys you didn't have time to blog.... Great pictures... they are growing so much.... I have been spending 1 night a week with Jenn and the kids and last night she mentioned she would love to make a trip over to see you guys so maybe when the weather gets better we will do that..... Post when you can as I am always checking.....